Summer Production
Introduction
When doing my introduction to A2 Media, I have really enjoyed making my own Music Video. I was able to gain more skills, such as using a camera as a well as an introduction to editing. Our task was to construct our own version of Busted's, That's What I Go To School for Music Video.
Research and Planning
I found that making the screen shot, storyboard, was the most useful in that it was very useful when filming as well as when doing the editing in that it told us all the types of shots that we needed as well as the duration of each shot.
I think we should have done more planning on what shots we were doing on what days. I think we filmed as we went along and the planning for each shot was very limited in that we did not estimate how long each shot would take.For example when doing the out side shots, we were outside for a while, not doing much and being very time consuming.
I think that when it comes to A2 I will think thoroughly about what shots I need and how many to do per day so I can set myself a target each day as well as organise the shots to make the filming doable by the deadline.
Production: Digital Technology
I developed my skills in editing as I was in front of the camera in the duration of the task. I was able to understand the importance of being able to lip sync.
I learnt that when having to lip sync it is a lot more effective as well as realistic to sing out loud along with the track, no matter how embarrassing it may be. Although it maybe borderline humiliating, lip syncing was a lot easier to edit when singing out loud, as it was easy to match with the sound track.
I would like to be able to develop my skills when being behind the camera, such as seeing what would look good according to different lighting as well as angles and what shots would like better.
Production
I learnt as long as the team works together it is a lot easier to get the work done. I also think that when doing production, you should just go for it and be as over the top as possible, as it will look the best and it wont look like you are mumbling along to sound track, making it difficult to lip sync.
I found having to compose ourselves when being on camera is difficult. We may have wasted a lot of time, laughing and joking around, when we should have been more professional, so we could get the job done a lot faster. However we still managed to get the productions section of the task complete within the deadline.
Post-Production: Digital Technology
I thought that my editing was good, when I think about the precision of each individual shot. However I think that I struggled to get the lip sync exactly right.
I found the cutting tools useful in that I was easily able to see what part of the clips I want from the shots that we took, this made it easy to edit.
My Busted Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIp2F5wXijc&feature=youtu.be
My Practice http://youtu.be/Q_TCgLvsFC8
My Practice http://youtu.be/Q_TCgLvsFC8

No comments:
Post a Comment